Lovely breakfast cake


Oh wow, my last post was in December 2013...Shame on me...
Incredible how fast time flies...and unfortunately it will never come back.
So, in between this crazy work life, I'll better try to find out a little time for me too...for my old sweet hobbies... a little bit of cooking, a little bit of eating, a little bit of photographing and a little bit of blogging...
The life is not always easy but important is that we try to make it easier and always look ahead with optimism.

My husband likes very much the rhubarb and I was looking for some recipes to make something sweet. Once I found the recipe, I went shopping. Most of the time I see at the supermarket the rhubarb imported from Australia, but of course the day I wanted to buy it, no rhubarb at the supermarket....this is always my luck.

Anyway, since I wanted to make something sweet I have replaced the rhubarb with blueberries and voitla' the cake was exquisite.

It is a very simple cake and you need only 15 to 20 minutes to make it. 

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
for 6-8 persons

  • 180 g flour
  • 180 g cane sugar
  • 250 g blueberries
  • 100 g butter
  • 125 ml milk
  • 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 big egg
  • Half of an vanilla bean
  • One pinch of salt
  • Sliced almonds and sugar crystals for decoration
Step-by-step preparation:
  • Preheat the static oven at 180° for 40 minutes (or if you use convection oven at 160° for 30 minutes)
  • Sift the flour together with the baking powder
  • In another bowl, work the soften butter then add the cane sugar and work until you have a rather creamy mixture  
  • Add the egg, a pinch of salt and vanilla bean. Work everything until the mixture is airy and creamy 
  • Blend together the two mixture, add slowly the milk and stir to mix well until there are no more lumps
  • Pour the mixture into the pan
  • Put the blueberries on top, the sliced almonds and some sugar crystals which will give a lovely browning and crispiness to the cake
  • Bake for 1 hour and voitla' the cake is ready.
  • You may leave it to rest for 10 minutes and then is ready to devour it! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gnocchi di zucca

Torta al cioccolato per il mio compleanno

Spring but not spring